Five Ways to Improve Search Engine Optimization
Search engine optimization, or SEO, is the process of maximizing the number of visitors to a particular website by ensuring that the site appears high on the list of results returned by a search engine such as Google, Bing or Yahoo. A search engine works by bringing you the most relevant websites according to your search. Each search engine uses a unique search algorithm that takes in a lot of information and spits out the best match. As an example, when someone searches the internet for “healthcare marketing agency,” the search engine uses its algorithm to sift through thousands of websites until one is found to contain the most relevant information.
How can your website increase the possibility that it will match up with what the search engine algorithm is looking for? Ballpoint Communications Group has developed a list of five simple ways to improve your company’s position in search engine results:
- Start Blogging – This is one of the most effective ways to increase your SEO because of the magic of keywords. By blogging and embedding keywords in the content, the search algorithm will find your site and place it higher in the search results.
- Add Footer Links to Every Page – Footer links are the directories you see at the bottom of many web pages. By adding links that include keywords, you increase each web page’s chance of becoming more relevant to a particular web search.
- Page Titles and Headers Should Contain Keywords – At the top of every web page should be a keyword-rich title. This title should always contain some variation of a keyword that is relevant to not only the page you are on but also the industry that your business is in.
- Update Website Content Regularly – Search engines take into account how often your content is updated. Keeping your website up-to-date not only is good for your SEO, but it also ensures that the keywords used in your web pages are still as relevant in real time as they were when you first created the site.
- Keep Meta Tags Current and Accurate for the Web Page Content – Meta tags are snippets of text that describe a web page’s content. These tags are encoded on the back end of a website, and they let the search engine know what kind of web page it is as well as the information that is provided by each specific page. Meta tags are not displayed on the front end of the website; instead, they live within the HTML code and are still searchable.
The digital marketing experts at Ballpoint Communications Group have found success using these five best practices to boost SEO — with the track record to prove it! Contact us to see how Ballpoint can help your business rise in the ranks of search engine results.